Before I begin this, I want to profusely apologise to Alissa from Behind The Cloth, Christina from I Dream Of Clothes and Lord Rossington (I have just realised I don’t actually know for sure your real name and just refer to you as Lord Rossington! I assume it’s Ross?) from ManvsAdulthood for taking such a long time to get round to doing this. All three are amazing bloggers and I strongly suggest you go follow them! I’ve hyperlinked their names to their Twitter accounts and their blog titles link to their websites 🙂
Due to that fact, this is going to be a rather long post because I want to answer all of the questions submitted as you were all so kind as to nominate me!
Versatile Blogger Award
Alissa kindly nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.
To accept this award, I have to do the following.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link their blog. There are millions of blogs out there, and somebody chose yours!
- Nominate 15 bloggers to keep spreading the appreciation.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
So here are my 7 facts!
- I have owned a total of 11 cats in my short 23 years on this planet. Puss, Salem, Bella, Tilly, Bubble, Jasper, Tegan, Ginny, Steve, Anna and Floki. Unfortunately, only the last four of them are with us today, two live with me (Anna and Floki) and two with my mum (Ginny and Steve), and you may see me blog about them now and then! #CrazyCatLady
- I’m addicted to Pepsi Max. Literally drinking some right now as I type.
- I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks and have had frequent bouts of depression over the past 6 years. I’m not ashamed to admit it and although I’m well aware I don’t deal with it very well (permanently avoiding triggers/life perhaps not the answer..) I do feel like I’ve gained some kind of perceived control over it for now. Woo!
- I am actually very artistic. I haven’t really mentioned this anywhere on my blog before, but I am quite a good artist – if I do say so myself – and I have adored art since I was a kid. I fall in and out of periods of artistic creativity, and currently my art stuff is all packed away as I’m not feeling inspired at the moment, but I’m sure it’ll come out again soon and you’ll find me posting images of things I’ve done.
I actually have a large abstract painting for sale here if anyone is interested!
- I don’t want children. Perhaps a weird one to include, but bizarrely it’s something that people tend to discover about me and find very odd because I’m quite
mothering to my partner and my cats. I don’t want children for quite a lot of reasons, mainly the whole pregnancy/pain/crying/pooping etc being my worst nightmare but also because I have zero maternal instinct. Literally don’t know what to do with children, I’m like Rachel holding Ben for the first time and the uncertainty of what they might do actually scares me.
- I can’t eat spicy food. Something that disappoints me because I love cooking and I adore curry, but anything above a tikka masala and I’m in agony. My digestive system just sucks.
- I have four tattoos. I have a tiny llama on my ankle that matches the same on my best friend, a moon on my wrist that pairs with a sun on my sister’s wrist, a large mandala style cat on my thigh and a halloween Tiny Rick from Rick and Morty on the side of my other thigh. I want loads more and am excited for what this year’s additions will be!
And that’s my 7 facts!
My nominees for the Versatile Blogger award are:
Christina Jane from I Dream Of Clothes
Lord Rossington from ManvsAdulthood
Jennifer Lynn from Elegant Living Everyday
Sophie from Petals of Perfection
Emma from Booking Good Read
Rebecca from Rebecca’s Reviews
Shannon from Shanylou
Stephanie from Mummys Writing Darling
Alicja from Popular is Wrong
Danielle from Simply Splendid
Annie from Anniens
Saffron from Saffron Watson
Hannah from The Pask Gubbins
Genevieve from Genevieve Rose Site
Sunshine Blogger Award
Christina and Lord Rossington nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger award.
The rules of The Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows:
– Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Christina Jane – I Dream Of Clothes submitted the questions below!
What is the most surprising thing you have learnt about blogging?
How friendly and active the blogging community is. I really didn’t expect to have made so many new blogging friends in such a short time!
What is your favourite topic to write about?
Beauty products! Most of my posts have been reviews (good and bad) of beauty products I’ve used. I think (hope!) people like reading them and using it to help them decide whether to buy a product or not.
What would be your dream job?
I’d actually really like to run a B&B somewhere out in the country. Or blog full time! Now that’s a dream.
If you could meet any famous person, who would it be, and why?
Helena Bonham Carter. She’s just so quirky and I think we’d have a lot to talk about.
Why did you decide to start a blog?
I was briefly unemployed and going out of my mind with boredom. I’d been meaning to start a blog for a while, I’ve had many failed attempts but the free time allowed me to really stick to it!
What is the hardest part about blogging?
Blogging! Getting posts out is so difficult when you’re trying to balance a full time job as well.
What item in your wardrobe could you not live without?
Black high waisted skinny jeans. They suck everything in and look great with any top and any shoes.
What is your go-to film of choice that will always make you feel better?
That’s a hard one! I think, Bridget Jones. I’ve read the books til the pages frayed and I’ve watched the movies so many times, but it’s just that kind of film that I love. At Christmas time it’s either Love Actually or The Holiday!
What inspires you the most?
Business women. Successful, will stab you with their stiletto, business women. I admire that kind of feminine power.
Are you a Harry Potter kind of gal, or Lord of the Rings?
Harry Potter! I’ve read all the books and grew up with the films. I’ve never read Lord of the Rings and they are actually the only films I’ve ever slept through – oops!
Lord Rossington – Man vs Adulthood asked me these:
- You wake up on a desert island – what three things would you take with you?
Interesting.. I never really know what to pick. Um.. an unlimited supply of Pepsi Max, a towel (it’s very useful, you know!) and a good book.
- Who would you have play you in a movie?
Zooey Deschanel. I think she could play me really well.
- What was the last Text you sent? (Full text, out of context and unedited)
“Goodnight, thank you again, was lovely to see you both xxx”
- You know the world is about to end tonight, how would you spend your final day?
Eating and drinking with my family.
- What is your biggest fear?
Drowning/suffocating. Anything which means I can’t breathe.
- What makes you overwhelmed with happiness?
Receiving a really thoughtful gift. Something that means that person has really paid attention and thought hard about it. It means they care.
- You are tasked with saving the world, your partner is a character from the last thing you watched – who is helping you and will it be successful?
Dr. Smolder Bravestone from Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle. He’s literally The Rock and has no weaknesses. Hell yeah, we’d succeed! (Highly recommend that film btw.)
- In the recent light of hate towards FRIENDS – what are your feelings on the show?
I love it. I realise that today some of the things said are now perhaps a little out of touch, but it frustrates me that people can’t realise it was made over 25 years ago. Things change. It’s still a brilliant show and I actually think it was pretty ahead of it’s time. Only yesterday I saw a post commenting on the fact Monica and Rachel both though Ben owning a Barbie was no big deal. And we all know Ross was a bit of a jerk.
- What would your dream car be?
My other half will hate me for this because he’s a huge car guy and I am really not that bothered. I don’t even drive at the moment! I do quite like the Nissan Figaro though. Was rather jealous of Zoella when she scored one.
- Where do you see yourself by Christmas?
Hopefully 2 stone lighter and feeling a lot more energised. I’m not going on some mad health kick, but I do need to lose a little bit of weight and my eating habits need to improve. Maybe I’ll give up Pepsi Max too? Or maybe hell will freeze over.
- Why is there 11 questions?
Why is there 11 anything?
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger award are:
Chloe Metzger from ChloeMetzger.com
Maud from MyPassionProjects.com
Valeria from thatloudmouth
Chloe from chloealicelily.co.uk
Cheyenne from NOTSOFAUX.COM
OMF – openmindfashion.com
Gwen from RecklessResale.com
Deanna from LuckyLoveLife.com
Savana from OfficialSavanaRae.com
Lindsey from Have-Clothes-Will-Travel.com
Silvia from TheCurlySpirit.com
And your questions are:
- What is your earliest memory?
- When did you start blogging and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What’s your favourite time of year and why?
- Post a recipe for one of your favourite meals.
- Did you expect your blog to be where it is now? Is it going better or worse than expected?
- What’s your favourite kind of blog to read?
- If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be and why?
- What’s your favourite beauty product?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Holy crumpets that was a long post!
Love to you all!